In this podcast listen in as Marc Warnke discusses blacktail hunting, filming, back country strategies and canning meat with a key player in the Full Draw Film Tour, Kody Kellom.
This episode takes some interesting twists and turns… they even talk about canning wild game meat. Enjoy.
Resources and Selected Links from the Episode:
- Canon T5I DLSR
- Sony Alpha a6000 and Sony A7
- Panasonic GH4 with Metabones Adaptor to accept Canon lenses
- Manfrotto Fluid-base Monopod
- www.borrowlenses.com (for renting lenses)
- Blacktail deer hunting
- Full Draw Film Tour
- Ask a question or leave a comment about this episode.
- Learn more about The Full Draw Film Tour [1:40]
- Kody’s backstory and how he got into hunting as a kid [6:14]
- Rifle vs. archery hunting [9:30]
- How the film tour is growing [12:00]
- Introducing new bowhunters to the sport [14:10]
- The “PR” impact on hunting of Social Media [16:20]
- What to consider when submitting your film to the tour [23:23]
- How Kody’s hunting season turned out [29:00]
- Tree-stand vs. spot-and-stalk hunting for blacktails [31:00]
- Hunting with kids [37:00]
- Discussing blacktail deer hunting [44:00]
- Cutting up your own game and canning it [52:10]
- “Meat hunting” in Texas [1:02:00]
- The future of The Full Draw Film Tour and how hunters can help, including the opportunity to “outfit” a show in your town [1:07:00]
- Experience the tour remotely [1:11:00]
- What kind of video equipment you need [1:11:30]
- Using a glidecam to get creative, fluid shots [1:19:30]
Our 2014 Submission to the Full Draw Film Tour:
Watch more of our hunting videos.